We all knew him. We all loved him, and sometimes, we hated him. He came, he ruled, and he went. He loved us. He lived for us, and eventually, died for us. He was a legend. He will remain a legend. And above all………HE WILL REMAIN. He is MICHAEL JACKSON. No wonder death has embraced him, but he'd remain alive in our hearts and our souls.
I distinctly remember dancing to his tunes with my little friends when I was a small kid. “Billy Jean”, “Dangerous”, “Bad”, and every other composition of his was our hot favorite. We would also unsuccessfully try to imitate his steps, especially his moonwalks, pelvic thrusts, rope pulls, and not to mention all the body parts he would hold.
I also remember how we as school kids mesmerized the audience with his legendary song “Heal the World”, when the choir performed the song on-stage with all lights off, and with burning candles in our hands.
And today when I think about his life in retrospect, I see in him a clear winner who overcame all odds to rise from nowhere to becoming the king of hearts of millions. How many of us in the world can boast of making babes faint by just a sheer sight of us? Only a ‘Ghost’ or ‘Michael Jackson’ can accomplish this. And if you think that I am kind of joking by making such a statement, then let me tell you that I have experienced this unusual phenomenon when I saw young girls literally fainting at his concert in Mumbai, India. Everywhere at the venue was just one sound in unison “Michael, we love you”. And YES Michael, WE DO LOVE YOU!!!
People worship legends and icons like Prabhu Deva, Kamal Hassan, Rajnikanth, Mithun Da, Bappi Lahiri, A. R. Rahman, and many more. But how many of us know that all these legends worship Michael Jackson? Yes, they do, and it’s true! In fact Mithun da is such an ardent fan of his that he christened his son ‘MIMOH’ in such a way that the first two letters of his name come straight away from those of Michael’s. (The other three letters have been taken from the famous actor ‘Mohammad Ali’s name).
This man has arguably lead one of the most lavish lifestyles in the world, and even if he has died in abject penury with several million dollars in debt, he has left back such a legacy in his past and other incomplete music, that soon all his debts would be paid off and still hefty bank balances would be in store for his children.
HE IS THE LEGEND. HE IS MICHAEL JACKSON. May his soul Rest In Peace. May he always stay alive in our hearts….our souls.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Death Embraces the Legend - Michael Jackson
Labels:
A. R. Rahman,
Bad,
Bappi Lahiri,
Billy Jean,
Dangerous,
Heal the World,
Kamal Hassan,
Legend,
Michael Jackson,
Mimoh,
Mithun,
Prabhu Deva
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment